Dream or projection????

This is the right place for you, experienced members will give priority to this forum. A good place for Newbies to request help, guidance or have basic questions on getting started.
Mareimbrium
Initiate
count: 30

Dream or projection????

Post by Mareimbrium » August 2nd, 2015, 6:14 am

Hi I am new to this site and there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here so maybe I can get an opinion on a dream I had I will keep it short lol. Id gone to bed but I felt really heavy and tired,much more than usual. I began to fight sleep because I felt uneasy I felt some thing wasn't right. I began to sense a presence in my room and struggled to bring myself fully awake, I climbed out of bed and tried to switch the light on but couldn't, then I noticed a hooded figure peering around the bedroom door. I must have been dreaming because I wasn't as shocked at this event as I should have been. I moved toward the figure and it moved out into the hallway, I followed and found it standing in the kitchen. It seemed to be aware but was completely ignoring me. I draw a blank at this point and find myself outside in my backyard. There must have been a full moon because I have no problem seeing and I am floating at about or just under roof top level, this seems an agreeable situation to me as I want to get as far away from the hooded figure in the kitchen. I will myself higher and move out over the street. were I notice a group of people watching me, it seemed odd to me that they would be on the road outside my house at this time of night. I floated back over my house to see if the figure had emerged from my kitchen but the yard was empty. I felt uneasy and rose higher and moved off over the rooftops. I was moving slowly and having a lot of trouble maintaining my altitude and kept coming down to ground level, with a strong surge of willpower I rose higher and moved off toward the city. My speed had increased and as I approached a block of high rise flats I simply flew straight thru them. In one of the apartments I came upon a young couple watching a late movie and I stopped to see if they could see me but it didn't appear that they could so I moved off, my last memory is of flying over an allyway. I awoke but I still had the feeling that all was not right. My question is dream or projection? I would greatly appreciate some feedback just to satisfy my own curiosity thanks.

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Re: Dream or projection????

Post by hydro1 » August 2nd, 2015, 3:42 pm

hello Mareimbrium, and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you. This experience seems to be a lucid dream, and even in lucid dreams beings can come to relate something to you, and you can also fly in them as well. But believe me when I say not all hooded figures resemble evil even if you did feel uneasy about it, chances are you felt un easy because of either what it represented or, in your mind hooded figures stand for evil, but it seemed the hooded figure was leading you to something you may have needed to know, but since you tried everything to avoid it, it just left you alone and let you continue your own personal thing. Sometimes its best to see things thru and communicate, if you would had continued to follow the hooded figure you would have gotten your answer on the unsettling feeling. I just feel it wanted to relate some information or knowledge to you.
Go hard or not at all

Mareimbrium
Initiate

Post by Mareimbrium » August 2nd, 2015, 11:19 pm

Thank you hydro1 for the reply. I must admit I never thought for a moment that the hooded figure might have been a messenger of sorts, I guess I just let fear get the better of me. If anything similar happens again I will take your advice. Thanks so much for taking the time cheers.

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » August 13th, 2015, 2:56 pm

Hi Mareimbrium and welcome to the forum!

Dreams, lucid dreams and astral projection are actually all the same thing: our consciousness is experiencing/tuning into the astral while our body is asleep. The only difference is the level of awareness.

We call it a dream when our awareness of what is happening is so low that we don't even question if what we're experiencing makes any sense, we just go with the flow of the crazy things around us. In a lucid dream there will always be a moment when you say to yourself "I'm in a dream!" and you will be able to control where you want to go and what you want to do. Astral projection is when your awareness is so heightened, that you not only know you are in the astral and control your intentions, but also, you can see past your psyche (the world created by your mind) into other astral realms, such as spiritual realms.

In one night a person can go from dream to lucid dream and back to dream again... It's a fluid process since the level of awareness can alter many times in one experience.

Mareimbrium
Initiate

Post by Mareimbrium » August 17th, 2015, 2:46 am

Hi Fairyana thank you for the reply. I can understand what you are telling me, ive had absolutely stupid crazy dreams and my awareness has been such that I don't even question whats happening and at times semi lucid dreams into full lucid dreams where I control my inviroment. Years ago I had the ability to create lucid dreams almost every night but I let it slide, im now trying to get back to where I was and hopefully have a full on lucid projection. Thanks again

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » August 17th, 2015, 11:03 am

My question is dream or projection?
A classic astral projection experience. I've had many similar ones myself; flying down towards the apartments, catching a glimpse of their activities, and while they can’t seem to see me by refusing to acknowledge my presence due to the feeling of apprehension for one reason or another, I’m tuned out. However, they can still sense me.

In my view, there's always a reason for the encounters in the astral dimensions, albeit at times insignificant and inconsequential, there is a something shuffling the polarity of the being's energies towards a particular purpose. The force that propels is a force of potential change, causation. In general terms, this purpose is for self-discovery.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Mareimbrium
Initiate

Post by Mareimbrium » August 20th, 2015, 4:50 am

Thanks for taking the time to comment, so you think this is a classic projection ? I must admit although I thought I was dreaming it seemed to have a certain reality to it, unlike a dream it had a certain continuity to it and a passage of time instead of jumping from one thing to another. Im keeping a dream journal as well as reading all I can on A/Projection I would love a repeat of that night but be more observant. Thanks again.